- Preheat the oven to 160°C and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine the peanut butter, maple syrup and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Stir very well until the mixture thickens and begins to resist stirring.
- Stir in the vanilla essence and sea salt. The mixture should now resemble a thick and sticky dough.
- Stir in the chocolate, coffee grounds and the mixed nuts and seeds.
- Wet your hands slightly. Place a heaped tablespoon of the cookie mixture in your hands and roll into a ball. Place the ball on the baking tray. Note: These cookies don’t spread or rise much when baked, so use the palm of your hand to flatten the ball to your desired size and shape.
- Repeat the above step with remaining cookie dough. You should end up with 8-10 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and harden on the tray.
A few technical notes:
To extend their shelf life, store your cookies in an airtight container. These are real ‘pantry clearers’, so feel free to experiment with your choice of nuts and seeds.